Wednesday, January 13, 2010

RV post-Eddie

All's well that ends well. I took Eddie to my cousin Sabrina's house on Monday evening after work to live with her, her daughter and their two cats. Sabrina is disabled and is generally home most of the day. Her daughter Heidi is also disabled, mentally retarded and non-verbal, but is the sweetest, smilingest kid you'll ever meet. Whenever you see her, she runs up to you to give you a hug and a smile. Monday evening, though, she didn't even notice me. All she saw was Eddie. She was so excited she couldn't stand still and she couldn't take her eyes off him. She wanted to introduce him to the other cats and Sabrina told her, no, just wait and let him get adjusted to the new surroundings and then we'll let him meet the other cats, slowly. Eddie, in his true form, was busy snooping around the apartment. As I was leaving, he was already climbing into one of the existing litter boxes to check things out there.

My first cat-less night in the RV was heaven. Nobody woke me up, nobody climbed around the RV and pulled on draperies all night long. I slept like a baby. And waking up Tuesday morning was just as nice. No hairballs to clean up, no litter box to empty. Yeah, I'm diggin' it.

I spent some time in the morning cleaning and vacuuming and then went out and bought new rugs and bedding. I figured that was the best way to get rid of most of the leftover cat hair. Here's some pics of my new things.




No comments:

Post a Comment